Senior Tax Accountant, Limerick, PA
Now, more than ever, a firm’s long track record of success takes on significant meaning. Since 1946 Maillie LLP, one of the top 300 public accounting firms nation-wide has built and maintained financial performance that allows us to deliver exceptional client service.
We’re poised for the next big thing, a state-of-the art HQ in Limerick, PA that provides the space and amenities that are also critical during changing times. Collaboration has always been part of who we are. We miss hanging out at work and the fun stuff we did, like softball, dodge ball, golf outings, and just talking. Like most firms we’re spending a lot of time on video chats and IM and we’ll continue to do that. But now we have plenty of space so people can work from home and come in the office.
If you’re travelling a lot, looking for something closer to home or want to continue to develop your career, talk to us.
- Prepares moderate to complex corporate, partnership and individual tax return including multi-state tax returns
- Reviews basic returns
- Understands complex tax concepts; multi-state allocations, local and business privilege filings, accelerate depreciation concepts, 1231, 1250, property, and 263A.
- Prepares tax depreciation schedules including proper classification of assets.
- Assists partners/principals with tax planning and strategies
- Stays current on tax laws and concepts
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and communication skills
Skills and background:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or required accounting courses for a CPA license.
- Active CPA license or in the process of passing the exam
- 3+ years in public accounting
- Solid understanding of accounting principles (GAAP/GAAS)
- Experience with tax software- ProSystem Tax preferred
- Interest and some experience reviewing returns and coaching staff