Joseph F. Shirley, CPA, CFA
Joe is an adviser to firm personnel in their servicing of individual, for-profit, non-profit organizations and governmental entities across various financial disciplines.
He believes that a CPA firm should go beyond the traditional “green eye shade” services of auditing, accounting and taxes. “Small and medium-sized businesses, particularly family-owned businesses, need counseling in the areas of employee benefits, succession, risk management and funding for education and retirement."
- A graduate of both LaSalle University and Pennsylvania State University, Joe obtained his CPA and CFA designations in 1983 and 1987, respectively, and joined Maillie LLP in 1990.
- LaSalle University - Bachelor of Science (BS), Business Administration, 1980
- Pennsylvania State University - Master of Business Administration (MBA), 1986
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CREDENTIALS
- Certified Public Accountant Pennsylvania (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst Institute (CFA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Professional pro-bono consultations for low-income individuals, church-related activities and enjoys traveling, hiking and biking.