Stacey A. Powell, CPA, CFE, CICA
Stacey is a Principal at Maillie LLP, with offices in Maillie's Wilmington and West Chester locations. She is a member of the firm's Governmental and Not-for-Profit Services Department, Quality Control Department, and Professional Development Committee. Stacey has more than 19 years of experience overseeing audit and advisory services to state and local government, higher education, and not-for-profit entities. As a Certified Fraud Examiner, Stacey has experience overseeing and working on fraud prevention and detection engagements.
Stacey’s experience includes 16 years in public accounting and more than three years as the Chief Administrative Auditor at the State of Delaware, Office of Auditor of Accounts. Stacey was a director with CliftonLarsonAllen LLP for one year in their State and Local Government Group, responsible for engagement management of State, Town, and City Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and single audit engagements. She was a director with Santora CPA Group for seven years, and was the director in charge of the firm’s Audit Department. In addition, Stacey was an Audit Manager in KPMG Philadelphia’s Public Sector practice, responsible for the engagement management of audit services provided to governmental and higher education clients.
• Stacey joined the firm in 2020 after working for both large and small local certified public accounting firms. She earned her CPA designation in 2004
• University of Delaware - Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CREDENTIALS
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Delaware Society of Certified Public Accountants (DSCPA)
• National Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
• Institute for Internal Controls (IIC)
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Delaware and Maryland
• Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
• Certified Internal Controls Auditor (CICA)
• AICPA Advanced Single Audit Certificate